Are you an entrepreneur looking for opportunities? We have collected the top opportunities for entrepreneurs and startups you can apply for now.
We are going to make this a regular theme, so make sure you subscribe and follow us on social media so you do not miss out on our future articles.
Our summary for the Top Opportunities for Entrepreneurs and Startups
Read to the end of the article to discover all the opportunities – with application deadlines, application criteria and a quick link to start the process.
- Alpha Code incubate program 2020
- Alibaba Cloud Global AI Innovation Challenge
- Faster Capital – Tech Cofounder
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2020/2021
- African Union Youth Envoy – Youth Silencing the Guns Awards
- Apps Africa Innovation Awards 2020
- AU Innovating Education in Africa EXPO 2020
- UN Public Service Awards 2021 – Excellence in Public Service
- African Development Bank – AgriPitch Competition
Alpha Code Incubate Program 2021
Deadline for submissions: 26 October 2020
Alpha code is open for applications in to their prestigious incubate program, annually thousands of applicants apply. Applications are open for start-ups or business ideas within the financial services field.
The selection process goes through three stages, in the first one 30 entrepreneurs are shortlisted from thousands of applications. The selected members undergo a full-day bootcamp where 10 entrepeneurs are selected for a 3 month programme. The final selection is for 5 entrepreneurs.
The prize includes amongst others – a R 1 million entrepreneur package.
Apply for Alpha Code Incubate here.
Alibaba Cloud Global AI Innovation Challenge
Deadline for submission: 16 October 2020
The Alibaba cloud global AI innovation challenge in an open competition for global AI developers, researchers, start-ups and solution providers.
There is $116 000 in total up for grabs for the winners. The first place team will win $20 000 cash prize, $5 000 Alibaba cloud credits and $5 000 PAI credits.
In addition winners will also receive:
- An award certificate
- Priority to become Alibaba cloud MVP or student ambassador
- Global exposure
Read more and apply for the Alibaba cloud global AI innovation challenge.
Faster Capital – Tech Cofounder
Deadline for submission: 13 October 2020
Faster capital is looking for entrepreneurs with a technical start-up, they provide up to 50% of the required start-up costs for your business, if you are approved.
- They become your technical co-founder providing all the technical support you need to develop your product
- only 50% funded, not cash is given to the entrepreneur, just start-up support
Apply for Faster Capital Tech Co-Founder Program here.
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant
Deadline for Submissions: October 21 2020 – 11:30am PDT
The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is calling for applications from groups who do work that supports Generation Equality Forum (GEF).
- Leadership group must consist of > 60% women, girls, trans/inter-sex youth under 30 years old.
- Be a registered organisation
- Demonstrate familiarity with GEF
and much more, for more information visit the application page here: Applications for Bill & Melinda Gates GEF grant
United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2020/2021
Deadline for submissions: 31 October 2020
The UN Young Professionals program is a recruitment drive for people looking to start a career at the UN as an international civil servant.
- You must be from an UN participating country
- You should have a university degree for the career you are applying for
- Fluent in English/French
- Must be 32 years or younger
Ready to apply? Submit your applications here – UN Young Professionals Programme
African Union Youth Envoy – Youth Silencing the Guns Awards
Deadline for submissions: 20 October 2020
The youth silencing guns awards was created by the AU office of the youth envoy. A total of six awards will be awarded. Winners will receive from $2000 up to $5000 grants to support their initiatives.
- Aged between 15 and 35 years old on 30 November 2020
- A national of one of the AU countries
- Your project must have a demonstrated impact on more than 300 people
and much more – read more and apply for the AU Youth Envoy awards here.
Apps Africa Innovation Awards 2020
Deadline for submission: 20 October 2020
Applications are open for the best, most innovative mobile applications from across Africa. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Disruptive innovation award
- Healthtech award
- Best Africa App award
- Cybersecurity award
- Blockchain award
- Media and entertainment award
- Education award
- Agri and Food tech award
- Fintech award
- Social impact award
- eCommerce award
- Mobility award
Apply for the Apps Africa Innovation awards here.
AU Innovating Education in Africa EXPO 2020
Deadline for submissions: 9 October 2020
The African Union Commission (AUC) and partners across Africa will hold the third edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo from October 2020 to June 2021.
- Implementing an innovative educational idea in Africa
- Should be a registered operation for not less than one year
- Not a previous winner of the award in the past
Get more information and apply: AU innovating education in Africa
UN Public Service Awards 2021 – Excellence in Public Service
Deadline for submissions: 18 November 2020
The 2021 UN Public service awards is accepting nominations in the following categories:
- Fostering innovation to deliver inclusive and equitable services for all including through digital transformation
- Enhancing the effectiveness of public institutions to reach the SDGs
- Promoting gender-responsive public services to achieve the SDGs
- Institutional preparedness and response in times of crisis
Get more information and apply for the United Nations Public Service Awards here.
African Development Bank – AgriPitch Competition
Deadline for submission: 15 October 2020
Shortlisted businesses will participate in a virtual AgriPitch Competition from November 16-20, 2020, where winners will be chosen based on different categories under consideration. The African Development Bank will award shortlisted businesses between US$10,000 and US$40,000 in the form of grant capital (US$120,000 in total is committed).
- Value proposition and innovation rationale
- Sustainability and scalability
- Business feasibility and traction
- Professionalism and presentation of business
- Investment appeal
If you would like to apply – go to African Development Bank AgriPitch Competition here.
Read more on entrepreneurship – from Tati Digital Connect.